The Question:

Please help me find a word spelled similar to adelpated that means absent-minded, scatter-brained, or forgetful. I've heard the word used but never seen it in print.

The Answer:

The word you're looking for is "addlepated." It's derived from "addled," which means "confused or muddled," and "pate," which means "head."

—The Fact Monster

Play Hangman

Play Poptropica

Play Quizzes

Play Tic Tac Toe