Born: June 15, 1972
Birthplace: Pakse, Laos
Best Known as: Winner of Project Runway Season 2
Hometown: Houston, Texas
Chloe Dao was born into a very large family; she is one of eight
girls. She, her parents, and seven sisters immigrated to the United States
from Laos in 1979. They soon settled in Houston, Texas. In addition to
being a fashion designer, Dao also owns her own business. In 2000, Dao
opened Lot 8, a Houston store named for the eight Dao sisters, to sell her
Dao won Project Runway Season 2 in 2005.
Designers she admires most: Balenciaga, Geoffrey Beene, Alexander
McQueen, and Narcisco Rodriguez.
More on Chloe Dao from Fact Monster:
- Chloe Dao - Biography of Chloe Dao, Hometown: Houston, Texas
- Project Runway Quiz: 1 - Project Runway Quiz Read more about Project Runway! Question 1: Who are the main judges on Project ...
- Project Runway: Season Two - Designers in this season faced challenges involving making garments out of plants to creating a dress specifically for guest judge Iman
- Project Runway - Learn about the show that is searching for the best new fashion designers
- Project Runway: Season One - Notable challenges included designing a dress from items in a supermarket and imagining fashion from the year 2050