journalist and author
Born: April 10, 1934
Birthplace: New York City
Died: April 23, 2007
(Menlo Park, Calif.)
David Halberstam made his mark as a journalist during the early
stages of the Vietnam War, working as a reporter for the New
York Times. His criticism of the war angered American policy
makers but established his reputation as a courageous and brilliant
reporter, and earned him a Pulitzer Prize. Halberstam was also a prolific
and successful author, and focused on a variety of topics including
Vietnam (The Best and the Brightest), the American
media (The Powers That Be) and sports (The
Summer of '49). He was on his way to interview Y. A. Tittle,
former quarterback for the New York Giants, when he was killed in a car
More on David Halberstam from Fact Monster:
- David Halberstam - Halberstam, David Halberstam, David, 1934–2007, American journalist and author, b. New York ...
- David Halberstam - Biography of David Halberstam, David Halberstam made his mark as a journalist during the early stages of the Vietnam War, working as a reporter for the New York Times. His…
- Ralph Nader - Biography - Biography of consumer advocate and presidential hopeful Ralph Nader.
- November 20 Birthdays: Robert F. Kennedy - November 20 birthdays: Robert F. Kennedy, John Bolton, Richard Dawson, Alistair Cooke, Alexandra Danilova, Norman M. Thomas, Kenesaw Mountain Landis, Robert C Byrd, Edwin Hubble, Nadine Gordimer
- Information Please: 2007 - 2007 Previous Year | Next Year World | U.S. | Economics | Sports | Entertainment | Science | Deaths ...