Died: 7 November 2008
Best Known as: British-born Academy Award-winning film producer
Birthplace: London, England
John Daly was a British-born movie producer best known for films
like “Platoon” and “The Last Emperor.”
“Platoon” won the Oscar for best picture in 1987 and
“The Last Emperor” won it in 1988. Daly created a film
company called Hemdale with David Hemmings that produced over 100 films
and earned over one billion dollars. Daly was chairman of Film and Music
Entertainment—over a period of 40 years, his film companies won 21
Oscar nominations, 13 Oscar awards, and many other awards.
More on John Daly from Fact Monster:
- John Daly - John Daly Born: Apr. 28, 1966 Golfer this big hitter was the surprise winner of 1991 PGA ...
- John Daly - Biography of John Daly, Birthplace: London, England
- John Daly - Biography of John Daly, Crowd-pleasing golfer whose motto is "Grip it and rip it"
- Daly City - Daly City Daly City, city (1990 pop. 92,311), San Mateo co., W Calif., a suburb of San Francisco; ...
- The Masters 2000 - The Masters An insider's guide to golf's most prestigious tournament by Mike Morrison The ...