Born: 30 September 1954
Birthplace: Santa Monica, California
Best known as: Greg on TV's The Brady Bunch
Barry Williams played eldest son Greg Brady on the TV series The Brady Bunch. The show ran in prime time from 1969-1974 and then continued for decades in reruns; by the 1990s the show and its cast had become icons of nostalgic kitsch. Williams authored a popular 1992 book about the experiences, Growing Up Brady: I Was A Teenage Greg. He also appeared in Brady reunion movies and performed in musical theater around the U.S. In 2001 he toured the country playing Capt. Von Trapp in a stage revival of The Sound of Music. In later years he has made a living as a dependable icon of 1970s pop culture, including hosting a "Totally '70s" music show on Sirius satellite radio.
In March of 2002 Williams appeared on Fox TV’s Celebrity Boxing in a match with Danny Bonaduce of TV’s The Partridge Family (1970-74). Also on the bill were famous litigant Paula Jones and former skater Tonya Harding.
Copyright © 1998-2015 by Who2?, LLC. All rights reserved.
More on Barry Williams from Fact Monster:
- Barry Williams - Biography of Barry Williams, Greg on TV's The Brady Bunch
- William Bernard BARRY - BARRY, William Bernard (1902—1946) BARRY, William Bernard, a Representative from New York; ...
- Adam Brody - Biography of Adam Brody, Seth from TV's The O.C.
- Danny Bonaduce - Biography of Danny Bonaduce, Danny Partridge on TV's The Partridge Family
- Selected Biographies: W - Selected biographies of well-known people and fictional characters