Born: 30 August 1971
Birthplace: Long Beach, California
Best known as: The title character in the movie Something About Mary
An athletic blonde with wide-set blue eyes, Cameron Diaz made a conspicuous movie debut opposite Jim Carrey
in the wacky 1994 fantasy The Mask
. Then she became a superstar by appearing in more than a dozen movies in just six years. In both independent and mainstream movies, Diaz played hot babes (She's the One
, 1996), nice girls (There's Something About Mary
, 1998), and even frumpy, neurotic types (Being John Malkovich
, 1999). There's Something About Mary
was a particular hit for Diaz, a raucous comedy featuring her as the beautiful and kindhearted object of desire for an eternally clumsy Ben Stiller
. Her other films include Charlie's Angels
(2000) and Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle
(2003, both with Drew Barrymore
and Lucy Liu
), Martin Scorsese
's Gangs of New York
(2002, with Leonardo DiCaprio
and Daniel Day-Lewis
) and the CGI comedy series Shrek
(2001-07, with Mike Myers
). Diaz then took a break from the movies to appear on MTV in her own non-fiction adventure series, Trippin'
. She returned to the big screen in the 2006 romantic comedy The Holiday
, co-starring Jude Law
, Kate Winslet
and Jack Black
, and also co-starred in What Happens in Vegas
(2008, with Ashton Kutcher
) and My Sister's Keeper
(2009, starring Abigail Breslin
Diaz’s father is Cuban-American; her mother is a German, English, and native American mix… Diaz dates singer Justin Timberlake.
Copyright © 1998-2015 by Who2?, LLC. All rights reserved.
More on Cameron Diaz from Fact Monster:
- Cameron Diaz - Cameron Diaz actress, model Born: 8/30/1972 Birthplace: San Diego, California Striking blonde ...
- Hispanic American Film, Television, and Theater Personalities - Notable Hispanic American film, television, and theater personalities
- Cameron Diaz - Biography of Cameron Diaz, The title character in the movie Something About Mary
- Dermot Mulroney - Dermot Mulroney actor, musician, producer Born: 10/31/1963 Birthplace: Alexandria, Virginia ...
- Abigail Breslin - Biography of Abigail Breslin, Olive in the movie Little Miss Sunshine