Dean MartinActor / Singer
Born: 7 June 1917
Died: 25 December 1995
Birthplace: Steubenville, Ohio
Best known as: Crooner, actor, and comedy partner to Jerry Lewis
<p>Name at birth: Dino Crocetti</p>
Between 1949 and 1956, Dean Martin made 16 films as the singing straight man to his comedy partner Jerry Lewis; the two were one of the hottest entertainment acts of the era. After their bitter (and much-publicized) breakup, Martin continued making movies, including both comedy and dramatic roles and the spoofy Matt Helm spy movies of the 1960s. A nightclub singer and solid member of Frank Sinatra's "rat pack," Martin also had hit records, most notably "That's Amore" and "Everybody Loves Somebody." Martin's easygoing attitude helped make him a hit on television, where he hosted a comedy and variety show from 1965-74.
Martin’s son Dean Paul (also known as Dino) was an actor, singer and sometime tennis pro; he died in a California Air National Guard plane crash in 1987.
Copyright © 1998-2015 by Who2?, LLC. All rights reserved.
More on Dean Martin from Fact Monster:
- Dean Martin - Dean Martin singer, actor Born: 6/7/1917 Birthplace: Steubenville, Ohio Singer and television and ...
- Dean Martin - Biography of Dean Martin, Crooner, actor, and comedy partner to Jerry Lewis
- Ed Sullivan - Ed Sullivan television personality Born: 9/28/1901 Birthplace: New York City Television personality ...
- Marty Feldman - Marty Feldman actor Born: 7/08/1933 Birthplace: London, England London-born comedian who got his ...
- Lee Hazlewood - Biography of Lee Hazlewood, Songwriter with many hits including Nancy Sinatra’s “These Boots Are Made for Walkin’” and Duane Eddy’s “Rebel Rouser.” He found himself emb…