Django ReinhardtGuitarist / Jazz Musician
Born: 23 January 1910
Died: 16 May 1953
Birthplace: Liberchies, Belgium
Best known as: Gypsy jazz guitarist
<p>Name at birth: Jean-Baptiste Reinhardt</p>
Django Reinhardt grew up a talented musician in a Gypsy caravan, traveling around France. He began playing American jazz in French clubs, along with Stéphane Grappelli in the Hot Club Quintet. Reinhardt's unique sound made him an international star, and he is credited with being among the first to elevate the guitar from a rhythm instrument to a solo instrument. He died of a stroke at the age of 43.
Copyright © 1998-2015 by Who2?, LLC. All rights reserved.
More on Django Reinhardt from Fact Monster:
- Django Reinhardt - Reinhardt, Django Reinhardt, Django (Jean Baptiste Reinhardt), 1910–53, Belgian-born Gypsy ...
- Django Reinhardt - Biography of Django Reinhardt, Gypsy jazz guitarist
- Erin McKeown - Biography of Erin McKeown, Singer of "Queen of Quiet"
- Stéphane Grappelli - Grappelli, Stéphane Grappelli, Stéphane, 1908–97, French jazz violinist, b. ...
- B.B. King - B.B. King (Riley B. King) legendary blues musician Born: 9/16/1925 Birthplace: Indianola, Miss. One ...