Elvis CostelloSinger / Songwriter
Born: 25 August 1954
Birthplace: Paddington, England
Best known as: The guy who did "Watching the Detectives" and "Radio, Radio"
<p>Name at birth: Declan Patrick McManus</p>
Elvis Costello's 1977 debut, My Aim is True was a hit with both critics and audiences and is now considered to be a new wave punk classic. With hits such as "Alison" and "Watching the Detectives," Costello helped bring underground punk sensibilities to pop tunes and demonstrated his talent as a songwriter. He has recorded solo and with The Attractions (and, later, The Impostors), and his other hit songs include "Radio, Radio" and "Pump it Up." His many albums include: This Year's Model (1978); Trust (1981); Imperial Bedroom (1982); Almost Blue (1994); All This Ageless Beauty (1996); and When I Was Cruel (2002).
Costello has collaborated with composer Burt Bacharach and with guitarist Bill Frisell… His stage name comes from Elvis Presley and his mother’s family name (Costello).
Copyright © 1998-2015 by Who2?, LLC. All rights reserved.
More on Elvis Costello from Fact Monster:
- Elvis Costello - Elvis Costello Declan Patrick McManus singer Born: 8/25/1954 Birthplace: London, England ...
- Elvis Costello - Biography of Elvis Costello, The guy who did "Watching the Detectives" and "Radio, Radio"
- Diana Krall - Diana Krall jazz musician Born: 11/16/1964 Birthplace: Nanaimo, Canada Touted as the hottest ...
- Burt Bacharach - Bacharach, Burt Bacharach, Burt , 1929–, American composer, arranger, and conductor, b. ...
- The Clash - Biography of The Clash, The punk band who did "London Calling"