Eva BraunPolitical Relative / World War II Figure
Born: 6 February 1912
Died: 30 April 1945 (suicide by cyanide )
Birthplace: Munich, Germany
Best known as: Mistress and last-minute wife of Adolf Hitler
Eva Braun was the mistress of Nazi leader Adolf Hitler
from 1932 until their deaths in a suicide pact at the end of World War II. She was working as a photographer's assistant when she met Hitler in 1929, the year she turned 17; in the following years they were rarely seen in public together, and few knew of their relationship. She is most famous for her final days in April of 1945, when she joined Hitler in his bunker in Berlin. Though given the chance to flee, she loyally remained with Hitler even as the war was clearly lost. They were married in the bunker on 29 April 1945; the next day they committed suicide together, she by swallowing cyanide and he by shooting himself with a pistol.
Copyright © 1998-2015 by Who2?, LLC. All rights reserved.
More on Eva Braun from Fact Monster:
- Eva Braun - Braun, Eva Braun, Eva , 1912–45, mistress and later wife of the German dictator Adolf Hitler. ...
- Eva Braun - Biography of Eva Braun, Mistress and last-minute wife of Adolf Hitler
- This Day in History: April 30 - April 30 1803 France sold Louisiana and adjoining lands to the United States as part of the ...
- Adolf Hitler: Fall of Hitler and the Third Reich - Fall of Hitler and the Third Reich By July, 1944, the German military situation was desperate, and ...
- Adolf Hitler - Biography of Adolf Hitler, The leader of Nazi Germany during World War II