Born: 1 January 1940
Birthplace: Bayonne, New Jersey
Best known as: The one who played Nixon in the movie Frost/Nixon
Frank Langella's Oscar nomination for playing former president Richard Nixon
in the 2008 film Frost/Nixon
came after three decades as a celebrated New York stage actor. Langella's always been on stage -- right out of Syracuse University (1959) and into regional theater, summer stock and, by 1963, New York. After three Obie Awards, he made his Broadway debut in Seascape
(1975) and won a Tony award. His turn on stage as the star of Dracula
earned him a Tony nomination (1978) and a role in the film version (1979). He's mostly known as a stage actor -- he won another Tony for Fortune's Fool
(2002), and a third for Nixon/Frost
(2007) -- but he's worked steadily in television and film, with more high-profile roles in recent years. Langella's films include Masters of the Universe
(1987, as Skeletor), Dave
(1993), Good Night, and Good Luck
(2005, starring David Strathairn
) and Superman Returns
(2006, starring Brandon Routh
Langella and Michael Sheen both starred in the stage and film versions of Frost/Nixon, with Sheen as British TV host David Frost.
Copyright © 1998-2015 by Who2?, LLC. All rights reserved.
More on Frank Langella from Fact Monster:
- Frank Langella - Biography of Frank Langella, The one who played Nixon in the movie Frost/Nixon
- Masters of the Universe - Starring Dolph Lundgren, Meg Foster, Frank Langella, Billy Barty, Courteney Cox
- David Frost - Biography of David Frost, The British TV host who interviewed Richard Nixon
- 2007 Tony (Antoinette Perry) Awards - 2007 Tony (Antoinette Perry) Awards honoring distinguished achievement in Broadway theater.
- 2007 Drama Desk Awards - 2007 Drama Desk Awards The Drama Desk, a group of 150 theater critics and reporters, announced the ...