Frank ZappaComposer / Guitarist / Rock Musician
Born: 21 December 1940
Died: 4 December 1993 (prostate cancer )
Birthplace: Baltimore, Maryland
Best known as: Iconoclastic rocker who did "Dynamo Hum"
Guitarist Frank Zappa was also a production wizard whose early work with The Mothers of Invention displayed terrific musical knowledge and an outrageous sense of humor. His foul and funny lyrics were consciously crass, earning him cult status though at times masking the complexity of his compositions. After dozens of solo albums, including Weasels Ripped My Flesh, Apostrophe and Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar, Zappa went from being an underground rock star to being a highly regarded -- if not widely appreciated -- composer. He died in 1993.
After Václav Havel was elected president of Czechoslovakia in 1989, he asked Frank to take a position in the ministry of culture.
Copyright © 1998-2015 by Who2?, LLC. All rights reserved.
More on Frank Zappa from Fact Monster:
- Frank Zappa - Frank Zappa rock musician Born: 12/21/1940 Birthplace: Baltimore, Maryland Grammy Award-winning ...
- Frank Zappa - Biography of Frank Zappa, Iconoclastic rocker who did "Dynamo Hum"
- X-Z - X-Z “Weird Al” Yankovic Yanni Trisha Yearwood William Butler Yeats Dwight Yoakam ...
- Alice Cooper - Alice Cooper (Vincent Furnier) musician Born: 2/4/1948 Birthplace: Detroit, Michigan Rock musician ...
- Tommy Tedesco - Tommy Tedesco guitarist Born: 7/3/1930 Birthplace: Niagara Falls, New York Tedesco was the ...