Best known as: The movies' most famous city-destroying lizard monster
Japanese Name: Gojira
Once a low-budget movie monster and kitsch icon, Godzilla gained fresh fame with the release of the $100 million film Godzilla (1998, with Matthew Broderick). In the '98 version the monster tramples New York City, but in his earlier incarnations he attacked Tokyo or battled other made-up critters like Mothra, Megalon, the Smog Monster, and even the venerable King Kong. Godzilla is the creation of the Toho studios in Japan, which has featured him in nearly two dozen movies.
Copyright © 1998-2015 by Who2?, LLC. All rights reserved.
More on Godzilla from Fact Monster:
- Godzilla - Biography of Godzilla, Lizardy city-destroying behemoth
- Stanley Cup 1998 - Godzilla takes on the Russians by Mike Morrison Boston's Joe Thornton rifles a slap shot ...
- Monster Jokes - Silly jokes about special beasties
- Tomoyuki Tanaka - Tomoyuki Tanaka producer Born: 4/26/1910 Birthplace: Osaka, Japan Tanaka produced more than 200 ...
- Raymond Burr - Raymond Burr (William Stacey Burr) actor Born: 5/21/1917 Birthplace: New Westminster, British ...