Born: 1 June 1973
Birthplace: Bergisch Gladbach, Germany
Best known as: Host of TV's Project Runway
Heidi Klum is one of the best-known international fashion models of the 1990s and 2000s. Already popular in America with fans of the Victoria's Secret catalog, Klum made a bigger splash when she appeared on the cover of the 1998 Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue. She co-starred in the movie Blow Dry
(2001, with Josh Hartnett
and Rachael Leigh Cook
) and made regular appearances as herself on the Michael J. Fox
sitcom Spin City
. In 2004 she began hosting the cable TV series Project Runway
, a reality show in which budding fashion designers compete with each other and are judged by a panel of experts led by Klum.
Klum became an American citizen in 2008… She married the British soul singer Seal (real name Sealhenry Samuel) in May of 2005.
Copyright © 1998-2015 by Who2?, LLC. All rights reserved.
More on Heidi Klum from Fact Monster:
- Heidi Klum - Biography of Heidi Klum, Host of TV's Project Runway
- Project Runway: Season One - Notable challenges included designing a dress from items in a supermarket and imagining fashion from the year 2050
- Seal - Seal (Sealhenry Olumide Samuel) singer, songwriter Born: 2/19/1963 Birthplace: London, England Of ...
- Michael Kors - Biography of Michael Kors, Michael Kors got his start in fashion by designing and merchandising a collection for the renowned boutique Lothar’s in New York City. He wa…
- Selita Ebanks - Biography of Selita Ebanks, Cayman-born model for Victoria's Secret