Iggy PopRock Musician
Born: 21 April 1947
Birthplace: Muskegon, Michigan
Best known as: Legendary rock 'n' roll dervish
<p>Name at birth: James Newell Osterburg</p>
Iggy Pop was the front man for the rock band The Stooges (1967-74); his on-stage antics (including self-mutilation) and raw sound made him a hero for punk rockers a decade later. In the 1970s he collaborated with David Bowie on such songs as "Nightclubbing" and "Lust for Life," and in 1982 he published his autobiography, I Need More. He resurfaced in rock music in 1986 with his first hit single, "Real Wild Child."
Copyright © 1998-2015 by Who2?, LLC. All rights reserved.
More on Iggy Pop from Fact Monster:
- Iggy Pop - Iggy Pop (James Newell Osterberg) rock musician Born: 4/21/1947 Birthplace: Ypsilanti, Michigan ...
- Iggy Pop - Biography of Iggy Pop, Legendary rock 'n' roll dervish
- Joy Division - Biography of Joy Division, Post-punk English band who did "She's Lost Control"
- David Bowie - Biography of David Bowie, Artsy rock star who was Ziggy Stardust
- Michigan - Information on Michigan — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.