Died: 3 January 1967 (lung cancer )
Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois
Best known as: Assassin of Lee Harvey Oswald
<p>Name at birth: Jacob Rubenstein</p>
Jack Ruby shot and killed Lee Harvey Oswald, accused assassin of president John F. Kennedy, on 24 November 1963. Ruby, a Dallas nightclub owner with several minor arrests on his police record, fired his handgun as Oswald was being transferred in the basement garage of Dallas police headquarters; the killing was broadcast on live TV. Ruby was arrested, tried, and sent to prison; he died there of cancer in 1967.
According to the Warren Commission report, Ruby’s precise birthdate is unknown; Ruby himself most often gave 25 March 1911 as the date.
Copyright © 1998-2015 by Who2?, LLC. All rights reserved.
More on Jack Ruby from Fact Monster:
- Jack Ruby - Biography of Jack Ruby, Assassin of Lee Harvey Oswald
- John Fitzgerald Kennedy - John Fitzgerald Kennedy Born: 5/29/1917 Birthplace: Brookline, Mass. John Fitzgerald Kennedy was ...
- 1960 – 1969 World History - 1960 – 1969 World History Robert Frost (1874–1963) Archive Photos John H. Glenn, Jr. ...
- This Day in History: November 24 - November 24 1642 Abel Tasman discovered Van Diemens land, later renamed Tasmania. 1859 Darwins ...
- Henry Wade - Henry Wade district attorney Born: 11/11/1914 Birthplace: Rockwall County, Texas Dallas County, ...