James TaylorSinger / Songwriter
Born: 12 March 1948
Birthplace: Boston, Massachusetts
Best known as: Folk-pop singer of "Fire and Rain" and "Carolina in My Mind"
James Taylor was a big part of the folk revolution of the 1960s and early 1970s, recording hits like 'Carolina in My Mind,' 'Sweet Baby James,' and Carole King's 'You've Got A Friend.' Taylor was married for a time to singer Carly Simon, and their passionate relationship and breakup was much publicized. Also much publicized were Taylor's struggles with depression and heroin addiction. Taylor continued to tour and record throughout the 1980s and 1990s, emerging as a kind of elder statesman of pop music.
Taylor was the first outside artist signed to The Beatles‘ Apple Records label.
Copyright © 1998-2015 by Who2?, LLC. All rights reserved.
More on James Taylor from Fact Monster:
- James Taylor - James Taylor musician Born: 3/12/1948 Birthplace: Boston, Mass. The Bing Crosby of the 1970s, ...
- John James TAYLOR - TAYLOR, John James (1808—1892) TAYLOR, John James, a Representative from New York; born in ...
- James Taylor - Biography of James Taylor, Folk-pop singer of "Fire and Rain" and "Carolina in My Mind"
- Dennis Wilson - Biography of Dennis Wilson, Drummer for The Beach Boys
- Carole King - Biography of Carole King, Singer of "It's Too Late"