Mandy MooreActor / Singer
Born: 10 April 1984
Birthplace: Nashua, New Hampshire
Best known as: Singer of the pop hit "Candy"
Once a bubble-gum pop star in the manner of early Jessica Simpson
and Britney Spears
, Mandy Moore now works to be thought of as a maturing singer and actress. She was born in New Hampshire and raised in Orlando, Florida, where she became a local celebrity by singing national anthems for area sports teams. In 1999 she released her first album, So Real
, which included the hit single "Candy." Her second album, I Wanna Be With You
, was released in 2000. Her early films included the teen romances A Walk To Remember
(2002, with Daryl Hannah
) and Saved!
(2004). Since then she has graduated to more mature roles and has appeared in Romance & Cigarettes
(2005, starring James Gandolfini
) and American Dreamz
(2006, with Hugh Grant
). Her fourth album, Coverage
(2003), received a less than enthusiastic response, and in recent years Moore has focused on her acting career, including a role as Diane Keaton
's daughter in Because I Said So
Copyright © 1998-2015 by Who2?, LLC. All rights reserved.
More on Mandy Moore from Fact Monster:
- Mandy Moore - Biography of Mandy Moore, Singer of the pop hit "Candy"
- Hugh Grant - Biography of Hugh Grant, Star of Four Weddings and a Funeral
- Diane Keaton - Biography of Diane Keaton, Woody Allen's co-star in Annie Hall
- Jessica Simpson - Biography of Jessica Simpson, Pop singer and star of the MTV show Newlyweds
- Shane West - Biography of Shane West, Dr. Ray Barnett on TV's ER