Mario LopezActor / TV Personality
Born: 10 October 1973
Birthplace: San Diego, California
Best known as: A. C. Slater from TV's Saved By The Bell
Mario Lopez is a TV host and sometime actor who made a name for himself in the 1990s Saturday morning television series Saved By The Bell
. Chipper, dimpled and ripped, Lopez re-emerged as a heartthrob in 2006, thanks to a successful showing on the televised contest Dancing With The Stars
and a steamy shower scene in TV's Nip/Tuck
. Lopez has been on television since the mid-1980s, first as a bit player on the comedy A.K.A. Pablo
(1984), then as a regular on the syndicated song-and-dance show Kids Incorporated
(along with Fergie
). He played hunky A.C. Slater on Saved By The Bell
(1989-93), Saved By The Bell: The College Years
(1993-94) and, as a guest star, on Saved By The Bell: The New Class
(1993-2000). He joined the cast of the daytime drama The Bold and the Beautiful
in 2006 and appeared semi-regularly as Dr. Ramirez, and in 2009 he rejoined the cast of Nip/Tuck
as Dr. Hamoui. Beyond his acting work, Lopez is best known for hosting a variety of programs like The Other Half
(2003, with Dick Clark
), Miss Teen USA
(2003), Pet Star
(2002-05) and Extra
(2009); in collaboration with his sister, Marissa Lopez Wong, he published a children's book in 2009, Mud Tacos
Lopez and his partner, Karina Smirnoff, lost in the final round of Dancing With The Stars to Emmitt Smith and Cheryl Burke… Lopez was married to actress Ali Landry from April to June of 2004.
Copyright © 1998-2015 by Who2?, LLC. All rights reserved.
More on Mario Lopez from Fact Monster:
- Mario Lopez - Biography of Mario Lopez, A. C. Slater from TV's Saved By The Bell
- Hispanic American Film, Television, and Theater Personalities - Notable Hispanic American film, television, and theater personalities
- Ali Landry - Biography of Ali Landry, The "Doritos Girl"
- Karina Smirnoff - Biography of Karina Smirnoff, The attractive Ukrainian dance partner from Dancing With the Stars
- Hispanic American Biographies, A-Z - Notable Hispanic American athletes, actors, and more.