Born: 9 August 1957
Birthplace: New York City,
Best known as: The star of the film Working Girl
Melanie Griffith is famous for movies such as Something Wild
(1986) and Working Girl
(1988, with Harrison Ford
), and for her high-profile marriages to actors Don Johnson
and Antonio Banderas
. Griffith, the daughter of actress Tippi Hedren
, started in the movies when she was a teenager, and for many years played supporting roles that exploited her sex appeal. Her Oscar nomination as best supporting actress for the 1988 film Working Girl
helped secure more mature roles, but her professional career has sometimes taken a back seat to the turbulence of her romantic life. Her movies include Body Double
(1984), Stormy Monday
(1987, with Sting
), The Bonfire of the Vanities
(1990, with Bruce Willis
), the re-make of Lolita
(1997, starring Jeremy Irons
), Crazy in Alabama
(2003) and Have Mercy
(2006). She also was a regular on the TV series Twins
She married Don Johnson in 1976, when she was 18 years old; they divorced later that year. They remarried in 1989 and were divorced again in 1996. She married Banderas later in 1996. Griffith was also married to actor Steven Bauer from 1985-87… She has a son, Alexander (b. 1985) from her relationship with Bauer; a daughter, Dakota (b. 1989) from her second marriage to Johnson; and a daughter, Stella (b. 1996) with Banderas… Griffith has a tattoo reading “Antonio” on her right bicep… She is no relation to actor Andy Griffith.
Copyright © 1998-2015 by Who2?, LLC. All rights reserved.
More on Melanie Griffith from Fact Monster:
- Melanie Griffith - Melanie Griffith actress Born: 8/9/1957 Birthplace: New York City Leading actress whose career has ...
- Melanie Griffith - Biography of Melanie Griffith, The star of the film Working Girl
- Tippi Hedren - Biography of Tippi Hedren, The blonde in The Birds
- Ray Liotta - Ray Liotta actor Born: 12/18/1954 Birthplace: Union, New Jersey Liotta started his acting career in ...
- Don Johnson - Don Johnson actor Born: 12/15/1949 Birthplace: Flatt Creek, Missouri Television actor best known ...