Mike MyersActor / Writer
Born: 25 May 1963
Birthplace: Scarborough, Canada
Best known as: Star of the Austin Powers movies
Mike Myers is the gleeful creator and star of the spoofy-mod Austin Powers
film series. A former child actor and member of the Second City comedy troupe, Myers joined the cast of Saturday Night Live
in 1988, hitting paydirt with characters like the gossipy Linda Richman (host of "Coffee Talk") and the absurd Dieter, German modernist and host of "Sprockets." Next Myers turned to the movies, writing and starring in the 1992 hit Wayne's World
(based on his popular SNL
skit with Dana Carvey, with the two of them as nerdy high-schoolers), then creating Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery
(1997, with Elizabeth Hurley
). Both movies spawned sequels, and Myers was suddenly one of the hottest comedians in the movies. Myers starred in The Cat in the Hat
, a live-action feature based on the classic Dr. Seuss
tale, in 2003. He also voiced the monster Shrek in the animated movies Shrek
(2001) and Shrek 2
Austin Powers sequels include The Spy Who Shagged Me (1999) and Goldmember (2002)… Myers played disco entrepreneur Steve Rubell in the 1998 drama 54.
Copyright © 1998-2015 by Who2?, LLC. All rights reserved.
More on Mike Myers from Fact Monster:
- Mike Myers - Mike Myers actor, comedian Born: 5/25/1963 Birthplace: Scarborough, Canada Television and film ...
- Mike Myers - Biography of Mike Myers, Star of the Austin Powers movies
- Elizabeth Hurley - Elizabeth Hurley actress, model Born: 6/10/1965 Birthplace: Basingstoke, England Actress and model ...
- Ernst Stavro Blofeld - Biography of Ernst Stavro Blofeld, Arch-enemy of secret agent James Bond
- Rob Lowe - Biography of Rob Lowe, He played Sam Seaborn on TV's The West Wing