Nikki ReedActor / Writer
Born: 17 May 1988
Birthplace: Los Angeles, California
Best known as: Co-writer of Thirteen and co-star of Twilight
Nicole Houston "Nikki" Reed turned her troubled adolescence into the screenplay for the 2003 independent film Thirteen
. Reed wrote the script with the help of Hollywood production designer Catherine Hardwicke, who directed the film (which starred Reed and Holly Hunter
). From there Reed played sexy bad girls in some memorable independent films while making her way through high school. She played Kathy Alva in the Hardwicke-directed Lords of Dogtown
(2005, starring Heath Ledger
) and appeared in Mini's First Time
(2006), Cherry Crush
(2007) and the comedy Familiar Strangers
(2008). She also popped up in the TV series The O.C.
for half a dozen episodes in 2006. Reed got wider exposure with the success of the film version of Stephenie Meyer
's book Twilight
(2008, starring Robert Pattinson
). Reed played the super-beautiful vampire, Rosalie Hale.
After Reed’s parents were divorced, Catherine Hardwicke dated Reed’s father for four years, from the time Reed was five years old. Hardwicke and Reed reportedly wrote the screenplay for Thirteen in six days, in January of 2002, when Reed was thirteen.
Copyright © 1998-2015 by Who2?, LLC. All rights reserved.
More on Nikki Reed from Fact Monster:
- Nikki Reed - Biography of Nikki Reed, Co-writer of Thirteen and co-star of Twilight
- The Twilight Series - Read biographies of the actors in and reviews of the movies and books in Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series. Plus, take quizzes and polls about the series.
- Twilight Trivia - Learn about the symbolism, origin of names, and other interesting tidbits in Stephenie Meyer's Twilight.
- Eclipse Trivia - Learn about the symbolism, origin of names, and other interesting tidbits in Stephenie Meyer's Eclipse.
- New Moon Trivia - Learn about the symbolism, origin of names, and other interesting tidbits in Stephenie Meyer's New Moon.