Orrin HatchU.S. Senator
Born: 22 March 1934
Birthplace: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Best known as: U.S. Senator from Utah, 1976-present
A graduate of Brigham Young University (1959) and the University of Pittsburgh Law School (1962), Orrin Hatch practiced law in both Pennsylvania and Utah. In 1976 he was elected to the United States Senate as a Republican from Utah, defeating the three-term incumbent, Frank Moss. Over time he became one of the most prominent conservatives in the Senate, as well as one of the most prominent members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the public eye. Hatch was re-elected in 1982, 1988 and 1994, 2000 and 2006.
Hatch is a poet and lyricist who has produced several albums of patriotic and religious music.
Copyright © 1998-2015 by Who2?, LLC. All rights reserved.
More on Orrin Hatch from Fact Monster:
- Orrin Hatch - Biography of Orrin Hatch, U.S. Senator from Utah, 1976-present
- History of Women's History Month - The public celebration of women's history in this country began in 1978 as Women's History Week in Sonoma County, California
- Sun Myung Moon - Biography of Sun Myung Moon, Founder of the Unification Church
- Metallica - Biography of Metallica, The heavy metal band who did "Enter Sandman"
- John F. Kennedy, Jr., Remembered - John F. Kennedy, Jr., Remembered Reactions of friends, family, and public figures by Beth Rowen ...