Petula ClarkActor / Singer
Born: 15 November 1932
Birthplace: Epsom, England
Best known as: The singer of "Downtown"
Petula Clark had her greatest popularity during the 1960s as a singer of optimistic pop tunes like her signature hit "Downtown." Clark had been a child star in England and even had her own BBC radio show, "Pet's Parlor," during World War II. In the 1990s she starred as Norma Desmond in a touring edition of the play Sunset Boulevard.
In 1997, Queen Elizabeth made Clark a Commander of the Order of the British Empire… Clark was a matron of honor at the 2002 wedding of Liza Minnelli.
Copyright © 1998-2015 by Who2?, LLC. All rights reserved.
More on Petula Clark from Fact Monster:
- Petula Clark - Biography of Petula Clark, The singer of "Downtown"
- Performers - Performers Shirley Temple was born in 1928. She began dancing as soon as she could walk. When she ...
- Liza Minnelli - Biography of Liza Minnelli, Sally Bowles in the 1972 film Cabaret
- Harry Belafonte - Biography of Harry Belafonte, Calypso crooner who sang "The Banana Boat Song (Day-O)"
- 1965 Grammy Awards - 1965 Grammy Awards Record of the Year “A Taste of Honey,” Herb Alpert and the Tijuana ...