Born: 16 May 1953
Birthplace: Navan, County Meath, Ireland
Best known as: The actor who played James Bond in the 1990s
Pierce Brosnan was a hit as a mysteriously handsome private eye in the TV series Remington Steele
(1982-87, with Stephanie Zimbalist). In 1994 Brosnan was chosen to replace Timothy Dalton
as the superspy James Bond
in the long-running series of Bond movies. His films as Bond include Goldeneye
(1995), Tomorrow Never Dies
(1997, with Michelle Yeoh
), The World Is Not Enough
(1999, with Denise Richards
) and Die Another Day
(2002, with Halle Berry
). Brosnan's other films include The Fourth Protocol
(1987, with Michael Caine
), Mrs. Doubtfire
(1993, as the romantic rival of Robin Williams
), the remake of the Steve McQueen
classic The Thomas Crowne Affair
(1999), Laws of Attraction
(2004, with Julianne Moore
), and the black comedy The Matador
(2005, with Brosnan as a dishevelled hit man who befriends Greg Kinnear
Brosnan’s first wife, actress Cassandra Wilson, died of ovarian cancer in 1991… Brosnan married former model and TV reporter Keely Shaye Smith on 4 August 2001… Brosnan was succeeded as Bond by Daniel Craig, who first played the superspy in the 2006 film Casino Royale.
Copyright © 1998-2015 by Who2?, LLC. All rights reserved.
More on Pierce Brosnan from Fact Monster:
- Pierce Brosnan - Pierce Brosnan actor Born: 5/16/1953 Birthplace: Navan, Meath, Ireland Irish-born actor whose ...
- Pierce Brosnan - Biography of Pierce Brosnan, The actor who played James Bond in the 1990s
- Faye Dunaway - Faye Dunaway (Dorothy Faye) actress Born: 1/14/1941 Birthplace: Bascom, Florida Academy ...
- Teri Hatcher - Teri Hatcher actress Born: 12/8/1964 Birthplace: Sunnyvale, California Until 2004 when she became ...
- Timothy Dalton - Biography of Timothy Dalton, James Bond in the 1987 film The Living Daylights