Rick RockwellTV Personality
Born: 26 October 1957
Birthplace: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Best known as: The "multi-millionaire" who married a stranger on TV
Rick Rockwell was the groom on the 2000 "reality show" Who Wants To Marry a Multi-Millionaire?
. At show's end Rockwell chose as his bride Darva Conger
and the two were married on live TV. The couple split a few days later, but their notoriety was assured. Some investigators later claimed that Rockwell -- billed as a real estate tycoon -- wasn't really a multi-millionaire at all, but it didn't seem to matter in the general hubbub of the annulled marriage. Rockwell had been involved in show business as an occasional screenwriter and standup comedian, and he briefly toured the country with a standup comedy act based on his fame from the show.
Copyright © 1998-2015 by Who2?, LLC. All rights reserved.
More on Rick Rockwell from Fact Monster:
- Rick Rockwell - Biography of Rick Rockwell, The "multi-millionaire" who married a stranger on TV
- Darva Conger - Biography of Darva Conger, Original bride on TV's Who Wants to Marry a Millionaire?
- Richard Hatch - Biography of Richard Hatch, The original winner on the TV series Survivor
- Cast of Survivor - Biography of Cast of Survivor, Scheming 'castaway' game show contestants
- Selected Biographies: R - Selected biographies of well-known people and fictional characters