Born: 30 December 1959
Birthplace: Berkshire, England
Best known as: Creator of The Tracey Ullman Show
Tracey Ullman is a comedian with a taste for playing dozens of characters, often with heavy makeup and accents, in her TV shows. She was a dancer and had a successful singing career in the U.K. (with a handful of pop hits including the 1994 single "They Don't Know") before taking her comedic talents to American television. The Tracey Ullman Show
(1987-90) was a brash mix of sketches, musical numbers, and animation, which always ended with Ullman telling her live audience, "Go home!" One of the few bright spots on the newborn Fox network, the show introduced The Simpsons
to the world in cartoony bits which were later spun off into their own long-running series. From 1996-99, Ullman had a new series on HBO, Tracey Takes On...
, in which she tackled dozens of contemporary topics by playing different characters in sketches and interviews. Her whimsical show about fashion, Tracey Ullman's Visible Panty Lines
, ran from 2001-02 on the Oxygen cable network. Her film appearances include the Paul McCartney
project Give My Regards to Broad Street
(1984), I'll Do Anything
(1994, with Nick Nolte
), and Small Time Crooks
(2000, with Woody Allen
), She published Tracey Takes On... The Book
Paula Abdul did the choreography for The Tracey Ullman Show… Ullman married the producer Allan McKeown in 1983. They have two children, Mabel and John.
Copyright © 1998-2015 by Who2?, LLC. All rights reserved.
More on Tracey Ullman from Fact Monster:
- Tracey Ullman - Tracey Ullman comedian; actress; singer Born: 12/30/1959 Birthplace: Slough, Berkshire, England ...
- Tracey Ullman - Biography of Tracey Ullman, Creator of The Tracey Ullman Show
- U-V - U-V U2 Tracey Ullman Liv Ullmann Skeet Ulrich Amber Valletta Abigail Van Buren Lee Van Cleef ...
- The Simpsons - Biography of The Simpsons, Long-running yellow-skinned animated TV family
- Matt Groening - Biography of Matt Groening, Creator of The Simpsons