Born: 12 January 1967
Birthplace: Stockholm, Sweden
Best known as: Swedish 1993 Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover model
A multi-talented Swede, Vendela Kirsebom joined the Ford modelling agency while still a teenager. Vendela modeled in Europe and the United States for Revlon, Elizabeth Arden and many other products, gaining extra fame in 1993 by appearing on the cover of the annual Sports Illustrated
swimsuit issue. As her fame grew she branched out into TV, guest-starring on Murphy Brown
and Muppets Tonight!
On film she made brief appearances in Batman and Robin
(1997, as the wife of villainous Mr. Freeze, played by Arnold Schwarzenegger
) and in The Parent Trap
(1998, as a bridal gown model). Her 2002 book Model Mommy
is a guide to nutrition and exercise for new mothers. In 2007 she published her multi-part Beauty Bible series, with separate entries on (among other topics) hands, hair, and skin.
As a model, she is known simply as “Vendela”; on-screen she is sometimes billed as Vendela Kirsebom or under her married name, Vendela Thommessen… Vendela married Norwegian marketing consultant Olaf Thommessen in 1996; they have two daughters, Julie (b. 1998) and Hannah (b. 2000)… Vendela’s mother is Norwegian, her father Swedish.
Copyright © 1998-2015 by Who2?, LLC. All rights reserved.
More on Vendela from Fact Monster:
- Vendela - Biography of Vendela, Swedish 1993 Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover model
- Women Fashion Designers and Models - Women in fashion
- January 12 Birthdays: John Hancock - January 12 birthdays: John Hancock, Rush Limbaugh, Vendela, Howard Stern, Rob Zombie, Joe Frazier, James Farmer, Edmund Burke, P. W. Botha, Charles Perrault, Jeff Bezos, John Singer Sargent, Jack London
- Selected Biographies: V - Selected biographies of well-known people and fictional characters
- Selected Fashion Designers and Models - Selected biographies of well-known Fashion Designers and Models