Born: 12 May 1959
Birthplace: New York City,
Best known as: Marsellus Wallace in the movie Pulp Fiction
<p>Name at birth: Irving Rhames</p>
Known for his bald head and distinctive baritone, Ving Rhames was a stalwart supporting actor throughout the 1990s, most notably in the role of crime boss Marsellus Wallace in Quentin Tarantino's Pulp Fiction (1994). In 1998 Rhames had the lead role in the film Don King: Only in America. His other films include Bringing Out the Dead (1999, with Nicolas Cage), Lilo & Stitch (2002) and Dawn of the Dead (2004).
Rhames won a Golden Globe award for the title role in Don King: Only in America, but upon receiving it gave it to fellow nominee Jack Lemmon.
Copyright © 1998-2015 by Who2?, LLC. All rights reserved.
More on Ving Rhames from Fact Monster:
- Ving Rhames - Ving Rhames (Irving Rhames) film, television, and stage actor Born: 5/12/1959 Birthplace: New York ...
- Ving Rhames - Biography of Ving Rhames, Marsellus Wallace in the movie Pulp Fiction
- Uma Thurman - Biography of Uma Thurman, Sexy, lanky star of Pulp Fiction
- Jack Lemmon - Biography of Jack Lemmon, Felix Ungar in the movie The Odd Couple
- John Singleton - Biography of John Singleton, The writer and director of Boyz N the Hood