Born: 21 May 1860
Best Known as: inventor of the first reliable electrocardiogram
Willem Einthoven produced the first instrument to detect the
electrical activity of the heart and the first reliable electrocardiogram.
His discoveries advanced the study of heart disease. Born in Java,
Einthoven studied medicine at the University of Utrecht. He became a
tought and performed research at the University of Leiden. In 1924,
Einthoven was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for his
discovery of the mechanism of the electrocardiogram. Willem Einthoven died
September 28, 1927.
More on Willem Einthoven from Fact Monster:
- Willem Einthoven - Einthoven, Willem Einthoven, Willem , 1860–1927, Dutch physiologist, b. Java, M.D. Univ. of ...
- Willem Einthoven - Biography of Willem Einthoven, Willem Einthoven produced the first instrument to detect the electrical activity of the heart and the first reliable electrocardiogram. His …
- Information Please: 1924 - 1924 Previous Year | Next Year World | U.S. | Economics | Sports | Entertainment | Science Year by ...
- The National Inventors Hall of Fame - The National Inventors Hall of Fame The Inventors Hall of Fame, located in Akron, Ohio, was ...
- Nobel Prizes (table) - Nobel Prizes Year Peace Chemistry Physics Physiology or Medicine Literature 1901 J. H. Dunant ...