Born: 20 July 1916
Best Known as: inventor of disposable medical devices
William Murphy Jr., M.D., invented disposable medical devices,
including, procedure trays, blood bags, physiologic cardiac pacemakers,
angiographic injectors, and hollow fiber artificial kidneys. Born in
Boston, Murphy studied pre-medicine at Harvard earned his M.D. from the
University of Illinois. He also studied engineering at MIT. Murphy founded
a company that focuses on developing medical instrumentation and
established FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and
More on William Murphy from Fact Monster:
- William Parry Murphy - Murphy, William Parry Murphy, William Parry, 1892–1987, American physician, b. Stoughton, ...
- William Murphy - Biography of William Murphy, William Murphy Jr., M.D., invented disposable medical devices, including, procedure trays, blood bags, physiologic cardiac pacemakers, angio…
- James William MURPHY - MURPHY, James William (1858—1927) MURPHY, James William, a Representative from Wisconsin; ...
- John William MURPHY - MURPHY, John William (1902—1962) MURPHY, John William, a Representative from Pennsylvania; ...
- The National Inventors Hall of Fame - The National Inventors Hall of Fame The Inventors Hall of Fame, located in Akron, Ohio, was ...
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring