Died: June 1, 2008
Best Known as: French fashion designer
Deathplace: Paris, France
Yves Saint-Laurent was a French fashion designer who established
houses of couture and boutiques in Paris and New York. He became the head
of the House of Dior at the age of 21. Yves Saint-Laurent revolutionized
the fashion world by creating trousers and broad-shouldered suits that
were images of power for women. His focus on an androgynous look was
extremely influential in 1970s fashion. He also designed for the Ballets
de Roland Petit. Gucci acquired his ready-to-wear and cosmetics divisions
in 2000. Saint-Laurent retired and closed his house in 2002.
More on Yves Saint-Laurent from Fact Monster:
- Yves Saint-Laurent - Biography of Yves Saint-Laurent, Deathplace: Paris, France
- Yves Saint Laurent - Saint Laurent, Yves Saint Laurent, Yves , 1936–2008, French fashion designer, b. Oran, ...
- S - U - S - U Russell Sage Yves Saint-Laurent Haym Salomon Sir Titus Salt Paul A. Samuelson William Savery ...
- fashion - fashion fashion, in dress, the prevailing mode affecting modifications in costume. Styles in Asia ...
- August 1 Birthdays: Herman Melville - August 1 birthdays: Herman Melville, Yves Saint Laurent, Jean Baptiste Lamarck, Jerry Garcia, Francis Scott Key, Maria Mitchell, William Clark, Claudius I