- A naturally occurring compound
(extracted from the bark of the Pacific yew tree) that has been
approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for
treating advanced breast or ovarian cancers.
- A measure of the average kinetic
energy of a substance. Determines the direction of heat
- A substance that causes fetal
- A principle that explains a body of
facts and the laws based on them.
- The study of energy and its
- A procedure for quantitative analysis
by carrying out a reaction in solution by measurement of volumes
using a reactant of known concentration.
- A unit of pressure equal to 1 mmHg or
1/760 of an atmosphere.
- The degree to which a substance is
- A group of three elements whose
chemical and physical properties aresomewhat related.
- A rare isotope of hydrogen with one
proton and two neutrons.
- The lowest part of the earth's
atmosphere, extending from the surface of the planet to the bottom
of the stratosphere.
Glossary created by David Shaw (Madison Area Technical College) for The Chemistry Place.
Information Please® Chemistry Place, ©2005 Pearson Education, Inc. All Rights Reserved.