Abimelech is no proper name, but a regal title of the Philistines,
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Abimelech from Fact Monster:
- Ahimelech - Ahimelech Ahimelech , in the Bible. 1. Priest at Nob, brother of, or perhaps the same as, Ahijah 2. ...
- Abimelech - Abimelech Abimelech , in the Bible. 1. Name or title of a king of Gerar who had various dealings ...
- Phichol - Phichol Phichol , chief captain of Abimelech's army.
- Zebul - Zebul Zebul , in the Bible, ruler of Shechem, supporter of Abimelech.
- Ahuzzath - Ahuzzath Ahuzzath , in the Bible, friend of Abimelech of Gerar.