in music are those sharps and flats, etc., which do not
properly belong to the key in which the music is set, but which the
composer arbitrarily introduces.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Accidentals from Fact Monster:
- Powerpuff Girls: 1 - Powerpuff Quiz Test your knowledge of the Powerpuff Girls Question 1: The Powerpuff Girls are made ...
- Hyacinth, in Greek mythology - Hyacinth Hyacinth or Hyacinthus, in Greek mythology, beautiful youth loved by Apollo. He was killed ...
- Julius von Payer - Payer, Julius von Payer, Julius von , 1842–1915, Austrian explorer and painter. While on an ...
- Non-Native Species: Land Animals - View this slideshow for images and information about notable invasive land species that have come to the U.S., from the Africanized Honeybee to wild boars.
- Bruce Lee - Biographies and images of Brandon and Bruce Lee.