The word “acre,” Old
English, æcer, is akin to the Latin ager and German
acker (a field).
A cemetery or churchyard.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Acre from Fact Monster:
- Acre, city, Israel - Acre Acre, Israel: see Akko.
- Acre, state, Brazil - Acre Acre , state (1990 est. pop. 1,125,100), 58,915 sq mi (152,590 sq km), W Brazil, on the ...
- The Top Ten: Largest Countries - December 17 - 24 Largest Countries Rank Country Square Miles 1. Russia 6,592,735 2. Canada ...
- The Top Ten: Largest States in the U.S. - December 17 - 24 Largest States in the U.S. (total area in square miles) Rank State Area 1. Alaska ...
- Akko - Akko Akko or Acre, Fr. Saint-Jean d'Acre, Arab. Acca, city (1994 pop. 45,300), NW Israel, a ...