means one who goes on his extremities , or uses only the
tips of his fingers and toes in moving about. (It is from the two Greek
words, akros baino, to go on the extremities of one's limbs.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Acrobat from Fact Monster:
- Map Library - state maps printables maps united states continents regional maps capitals
- jongleurs - jongleurs jongleurs , itinerant entertainers of the Middle Ages in France and Norman England. Their ...
- Buster Keaton - Buster Keaton actor, director Born: 10/4/1895 Birthplace: Piqua, Kansas American film actor and ...
- Boris Becker - Becker, Boris Becker, Boris, 1967–, German tennis player, b. Leimen, West Germany (now ...
- El Cordobés - El Cordobés El Cordobés , 1936?–, Spanish bullfighter, b. Manuel Benítez ...