Son of the star-beam and god of light among the Rosicrucians.
One of the names given by the Jews to Jehovah, for fear of breaking the
command, “Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord [Jehovah] thy God in
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Adonai from Fact Monster:
- God - God God, divinity of the three great monotheistic religions, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, as ...
- Adonai - Adonai: Adonai: see God.
- Bion - Bion Bion , fl. 2d cent.? B.C., Greek bucolic poet, an imitator of Theocritus, b. Phlossa, near ...
- God: Names for God - Names for God In the Old Testament various names for God are used. YHWH is the most celebrated of ...
- Gersonides - Gersonides Gersonides or Levi ben Gershon, 1288–1344, Jewish philosopher, astronomer, and ...