The hero of Virgil's epic. He carried his father Anchises on
his shoulders from the flames of Troy. After roaming about for many
years, he came to Italy, where he founded a colony which the Romans
claim as their origin. The epithet applied to him is pius =
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Aeneas from Fact Monster:
- Aeneas, in the Bible - Aeneas Aeneas , palsied man whom Peter cured in the Acts of the Apostles.
- Aeneas, in Greek mythology - Aeneas Aeneas , in Greek mythology, a Trojan, son of Anchises and Aphrodite. After the fall of Troy ...
- Pius II - Pius II Pius II , 1405–64, pope (1458–64), an Italian named Enea Silvio de' ...
- Turnus - Turnus Turnus , in Roman legend, king of the Rutulians. In the Aeneid he is a spirited warrior. ...
- Brut - Brut Brut, Brute, or Brutus, a Trojan, legendary founder of the British race, descendant of Aeneas. ...