(Greek, aion), eternity, an immeasurable length of time;
any being that is eternal. Basilides reckons there have been 365 such
æons, or gods; but Valentinius restricts the number to 30. Sometimes
In geology each series of rocks covers an æon, or an indefinite and
immeasurable period of time.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Aeon from Fact Monster:
- Alfred Mombert - Mombert, Alfred Mombert, Alfred , 1872–1942, German poet. He was briefly a lawyer and public ...
- Valentinus - Valentinus Valentinus , fl. c.135–c.160, founder of the Valentinians, the most celebrated of ...
- demiurge - demiurge demiurge [Gr.,=workman, craftsman], name given by Plato in a mythological passage in the ...
- Charlize Theron - Biography of Charlize Theron, Star of the movie Monster
- Biographies of Animated Characters and their Creators - Spiderman, SpongeBob, Matt Groening, Walt Disney . . .