Daughter of Cuno, the ranger, in love with Max, to whom she is
to be married, provided he carries off the prize in the annual
trial-shot. She is in danger of being shot by Max unwittingly, but is
rescued by a hermit, and becomes the bride of the young huntsman.
—Weber's Opera of Der Freischütz.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Agatha from Fact Monster:
- Saint Agatha - Agatha, Saint Agatha, Saint , 3d cent., Sicilian virgin, martyred under Roman Emperor Decius. She ...
- Dame Agatha Christie - Dame Agatha Christie mystery writer Born: 9/15/1890 Birthplace: England British mystery writer and ...
- Dame Agatha Christie - Christie, Dame Agatha Christie, Dame Agatha, 1890–1976, English detective story writer, b. ...
- Elisabeth (Bekker) Wolff - Wolff, Elisabeth (Bekker) Wolff, Elisabeth (Bekker) , 1738–1804, Dutch novelist. She wrote ...
- Literary Festivals - Celebrations of writers