A branch of the Donatists of Africa who roamed from town to
town affirming they were ministers of justice. The Greek agon
(an assembly) = the Latin nundinæ, days when the law-courts
were opened, that country people might go and get their law-suits
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Agonistics from Fact Monster:
- closet drama - closet drama closet drama, a play that is meant to be read rather than performed. Precursors of the ...
- Samson - Samson Samson, in the Bible, judge of Israel. His long hair was a symbol of his vows to God, and ...
- Eclipse Lit - Eclipse Lit by Ricco Villanueva Siasoco Eclipses have played an important part in literature from ...
- John Milton: Paradise Lost and Paradise Regained - Paradise Lost and Paradise Regained For many years Milton had planned to write an epic poem, and he ...
- John Milton - Biography of John Milton, The author of the epic poem Paradise Lost