an element. Anaxagoras held air to be the primary form of
Aristotle gives Fire, Air, Earth, and Water as the four elements.
, a manner, as “the air of the court,” the “air of gentility;” “a
good air” (manner, deportment) means the pervading habit.
in music, is that melody which predominates and gives its
character to the piece.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Air from Fact Monster:
- liquid air - liquid air liquid air, ordinary air that has been liquefied by compression and cooling to extremely ...
- ventilation - ventilation ventilation, process of supplying fresh air to an enclosed space and removing from it ...
- Major Air Pollutants - Major Air Pollutants Air pollution is a real public health and environmental problem that can lead ...
- air mass - air mass air mass, large body of air within the earth's atmosphere in which temperature and ...
- law of the air - air, law of the air, law of the, in the broadest sense, all law connected with the use of the air, ...