in the Arabian Nights' Tales, obtains a magic lamp, and
a has splendid palace built by the genius of the lamp. He marries the
daughter of the sultan of China, loses his lamp, and his palace is
transported to Africa. Sir Walter Scott says, somewhat incorrectly—
The palace did not vanish into air, but was transported to another
“Vanished into air like the palace of Aladdin.”
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Aladdin from Fact Monster:
- Aladdin - Starring Robin Williams, Scott Weinger, Linda Larkin, Jonathan Freeman, Frank Welker
- Jasmine - Biography of Jasmine, Princess heroine of Disney's Aladdin
- The Lunchbox - A history of the lunch box
- Michael Eisner - Michael Eisner entertainment executive Born: 1942 Birthplace: Mt. Kisco, N.Y. Having served in a ...
- Edgar Stillman Kelley - Kelley, Edgar Stillman Kelley, Edgar Stillman, 1857–1944, American composer and critic, b. ...