A term originally applied by the Portuguese to those negroes
who were mottled with white spots; but now applied to those who are
born with red eyes and white hair. Albinos are found among white
people as well as among negroes. The term is also applied to beasts and
plants. (Latin, albus, white.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Albino from Fact Monster:
- albino - albino albino [Port.,=white], animal or plant lacking normal pigmentation. The absence of pigment ...
- Yellowman - Biography of Yellowman, The albino Jamaican reggae star
- John Paul I - John Paul I John Paul I, 1912–78, pope (1978), an Italian (b. Canale d'Agordo) named ...
- Kevin Spacey - Kevin Spacey (Kevin Fowler) actor, director Born: 7/26/1959 Birthplace: South Orange, New Jersey ...
- Gary Sinise - Gary Sinise actor; director Born: 3/17/1955 Birthplace: Chicago A founding member of Chicago's ...