“I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last” (Rev. i. 8).
“Alpha” is the first, and “O-mega” the last letter of the Greek
alphabet. A .
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Alpha from Fact Monster:
- alpha particle - alpha particle alpha particle, one of the three types of radiation resulting from natural ...
- Acrux - Acrux Acrux [from the Bayer designation α Crucis], brightest star in the constellation Crux ...
- Theories of the Universe: The Alpha and the Omega - Theories of the Universe The Alpha and the Omega Theories of the Universe Scientific Origins of the ...
- Proxima Centauri - Proxima Centauri: Proxima Centauri: see Alpha Centauri.
- Rigil Kent - Rigil Kent Rigil Kent : see Alpha Centauri.