Wife of Sidi Nouman, who ate her rice with a bodkin,
and was in fact a ghoul. “She was so hard-hearted that she led about
her three sisters like a leash of greyhounds.” —Arabian Nights.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Amine from Fact Monster:
- amino group - amino group amino group, in chemistry, functional group that consists of a nitrogen atom attached ...
- amine - amine amine : see under amino group.
- Amin al- Hafez - Hafez, Amin al- Hafez, Amin al- , 1911–, Syrian army officer and politician. He served ...
- Amin al- Husseini - Husseini, Amin al- Husseini, Amin al- , 1896?–1974, Arab political and religious leader. He ...
- Idi Amin - Amin, Idi Amin, Idi , c.1925–2003, Ugandan army officer and dictator. From the small Kakwa ...