Street Arabs. The houseless poor; street children. So called
because, like the Arabs, they are nomads or wanderers with no settled
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Arabs from Fact Monster:
- Arabic languages - Arabic languages Arabic languages, members of the West Semitic group of the Semitic subdivision of ...
- Munich Massacre, 1972 - Summer Olympics moments of the Munich Massacre
- Arab - Arab Arab , in the Bible, hill town of S ancient Palestine, near Hebron.
- Arabs - Arabs Arabs, name originally applied to the Semitic peoples of the Arabian Peninsula. It now refers ...
- Languages in the United States - Urdu Spoken Here The U.S. is more multilingual than you might think by Borgna Brunner More than ...