A ship sailing on an adventure. The galley of Jason that went
in search of the Golden Fleece was so called, from the Greek argos
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Argo from Fact Monster:
- Argos, city, ancient Greece - Argos Argos , city of ancient Greece, in NE Peloponnesus, 3 mi (4.8 km) inland from the Gulf of ...
- Argus - Argus Argus or Argos, in Greek mythology. 1. Many-eyed monster, also called Panoptes. He guarded Io ...
- Argo - Argo Argo , in Greek mythology, ship in which Jason and the Argonauts sailed in quest of the Golden ...
- Argos, in Greek mythology - Argos Argos, in Greek mythology: see Argus.
- Argonauts - Argonauts: Argonauts: see Jason; Argo; Golden Fleece.