(Feast of the). The 15th of August, so called in honour
of the Virgin Mary, who (according to the Roman and Greek Churches) was
taken to heaven that day (A.D. 45), in her corporeal form, being at the
time seventy-five years of age.
This seems very improbable, if Christ was crucified A.D. 33. It would
make Mary survive her son twelve years, and to have been thirty years
old at his birth instead of about fifteen.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Assumption from Fact Monster:
- Mary, the mother of Jesus - Mary Mary, in the Bible, mother of Jesus. Christian tradition reckons her the principal saint, ...
- - Can't read file louisiana/assumption-parish/default.html
- noumenon - noumenon noumenon , in the philosophical system of Immanuel Kant, a “thing-in-itself”; ...
- transformational-generative grammar - transformational-generative grammar transformational-generative grammar, linguistic theory ...
- theosophy - theosophy theosophy [Gr.,=divine wisdom], philosophical system having affinities with mysticism and ...